Monday, November 5, 2012

A GREAT WEEKEND

WHAT A GREAT WEEKEND...
This is "get the yard ready for winter" weekend and so I picked the last of my barrel garden produce. I was disappointed that I had a very small yield of tomatoes, zucchini, green peppers and long neck squash this year.  The draught and unseasonable heat is probably the reason for low yield.
  
My Garden: long-neck gourd
I did get a really nice one and now am hoping it will dry and I can create something with it, what I haven't decided.
I was gifted a huge pumpkin to harvest it seeds, soaked them in salt water and then roasted them to perfection.  the roasted seeds are so very yummy.  We then cooked the pumpkin which yielded over 24 cuts or more cups of pumpkin.  I made two amazingly pies, if I say so myself!  I am gifted most of the pies to my pumpkin-gifter for his Thanksgiving with his family.  I am going to make some pumpkin bread and pie from the pumpkin I froze for such future uses.
Fresh Pumpkin / not from canned/Pie



No comments: