Friday, March 13, 2009

Pre-Passover Seders' a_comin' the 23rd and 26th


I am going to some Seder's before passover. One is the Milwaukee area Community Women's Seder and one is for Future Milwaukee event. For the later, the overall goal is to expose this emerging leadership group to our religion and our culture.

I am in charge of making charoset and the boiled egg for each to have their own mini-seder place.

My Recipe for Charoset is what as been done by my family for ever:

Here it is>
ALL should have a coarse texture.
* 4 medium apples, 2 tart and 2 sweet/chopped so not mushy.
* 1/2 cup finely chopped almonds
* 1/4 cup sweet wine/ I use the sweet Manischewitz wine.
* 1/4 cup dry wine
* 1 Tbs. cinnamon
Shred the apples. Add all other ingredients.
Allow to sit for 3-6 hours, until the wine is absorbed by the other ingredients.
Adding dried fruit is an option..but more costly, and my family minhag (tradition)is not to add.

No comments: