Thursday, April 21, 2011

You asked me: what do I believe



I believe we must always remember our choices have consequence
beyond what we want for ourselves,
.... so CHOOSE WISELY!



YOU ASK ME: WHAT DO YOU BELIEVE, LAEH, AND I ANSWER:


I have learned thru my study of Reform Judaism,

to glorify the choices people make,

As long as those choices are made with

respect for oneself and for others.

I do not declare that a person is a good by the rituals they may or may not practice.

The Prophets encouraged us to:

“reason together”,

“to do justly,

to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God”,

“let none of you devise evil in your hearts against his neighbor”,

offer “peace to those who are near, and to those who are far..”.


These words spoken by our Prophets underscore what I believe is the

essence of my belief system: Judaism.

I respect both the integrity of all faiths, and those people with whom I interact,

with ever abiding hope that they to make better choices that respect themselves and others!

No comments: