Friday, October 29, 2010

Fall Harvest

Saved hanging plants and herbs, housed for now on our enclosed porch.
Herbs I have harvested and dried.
As is our tradition the week of Halloween, we ready the house and yard for the coming of winter. Temperature have dropped and we have experiences frost. That means many chores have been done early, with the usual to do this weekend.

This year I am adding HARVESTING HERBS to my "do it" list as well as saving plants .
In the past I have grown herbs and veggies only to consume them on the spot or that week. Flower plants in hanging pots were always emptied.
---New is that I have put the hanging and herb pot on the enclosed porch before the frosh killed them. I have been collecting thyme, sweet basil and chocolate mint, and will continue to harvest and dry them if I can.

They smell marvelous! Ah, planning to cook or make potpourri in the coming months with them. Hmmm?!! Would these would be great "gifts"????

No comments: